Florida Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
Welcome to E-FORCSE, the State of Florida's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program!
If you have dispensed a controlled substance in schedule II, III, and IV, you will be required to report to the database. This includes pharmacies licensed under chapter 465, Florida Statute, including mail order and Internet pharmacies; and health care practitioners licensed under chapters 458, 459, 461, 462, 465, and 466, Florida Statute.
A health care practitioner will not be required to report to the database when he or she
- administers a controlled substance directly to a patient if the amount
is adequate to treat the patient during that particular treatment
- administers a controlled substance to a patient or resident receiving
care at a hospital, nursing home, ambulatory surgical center, hospice,
or intermediate care facility for the developmentally disabled
- administers or dispenses a controlled substance in the health care system of the Department of Corrections
- administers a controlled substance in the Emergency Room of a licensed hospital
- administers or dispenses a controlled substance to a patient under the age of 16 or
- dispenses a one-time, 72-hour re-supply of controlled substances.
Please click here to view the UPDATED Health Care Practitioner Fact Sheet